Kelis Shares Her Baileys “My Milkshake” Recipe
National Chocolate Milkshake Day is on September 12th, and I could think of no one better to share their special milkshake recipe than the Grammy nominated musician turned chef, Kelis. The ‘Milkshake’ song may have dropped 14 years ago, but Kelis is still serving up the literal version in her kitchen, aptly named “My Milkshake”.
The tasty treat consists of Baileys Original Irish Cream, chocolate ice cream, ginger beer, candied ginger and cayenne pepper. You can grab the recipe below, or watch Kelis make it herself here.
“My Milkshake” Recipe by Kelis
- 3 oz Baileys Original Irish Cream Liqueur
- 8 oz Ginger Beer
- 4 scoops Chocolate Ice Cream
- 5 pieces Candied Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Chili Cinnamon Rim
- Ginger Infused Whipped Cream for Garnish
- Combine Baileys, ginger beer, chocolate ice cream, candied ginger and cayenne pepper in a blender with a cup of ice. Blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into glass with chili-cinnamon-sugar rim (1:1:1).
- Top with ginger infused whipped cream and a piece of candied ginger.
- Check the yard.